At New Horizon Pest Solutions, we offer residential pest control in Apex, North Carolina. While our pest control solutions are highly effective, it’s important that you do your part to keep pests out of your home, too. That’s why we have provided five preventative residential pest control tips that are so easy you can implement them immediately.
- Use Up Your Produce- Pests like ants, flies, and cockroaches are often looking for food in your kitchen, and they are particularly attracted to rotting food. That means if you have a habit of buying more fruits and vegetables than you can eat before they go bad, you either need to buy fewer of them at a time or start using them up.
- Take Out the Trash Frequently- Similarly, food in your trash can attract insects and other pests. Make sure you take out your trash regularly to avoid them. In addition, you should make sure that your trash is properly covered in your house and in your dumpster outside so pests will not be able to access it easily, if at all.
- Remove Standing Water- Whether it’s in your sink or out in your yard, standing water is an invitation for mosquitoes to breed. Do your best to eliminate it by doing your dishes right away and removing buckets or other items that may collect rainwater in your yard.
- Seal Cracks and Crevices- Removing entrances and hiding places for pests is a simple yet very important residential pest control tip. All you have to do is get some caulk from your local hardware store and apply it to any cracks or crevices around windows or baseboards.
- Repair Window or Door Screens- If there are tears or holes in your screens, insects can get into your home more easily. Repairing door or window screens is fairly affordable and easy to do on your own, or you can hire someone to do it for you.
If you need residential pest control, contact us today to schedule service.