Termites are something that every homeowner fears. If you are worried that you have termites, below are some indicators that you need a termite inspection.
- Difficulty in opening and shutting windows and doors– Termites can come in through windows and doors and start causing damage there first. If you are having difficulty opening and shutting your windows and doors, there may be termite damage there. If this is the case, you should schedule a termite inspection as soon as possible.
- Droppings– Termite droppings look like dust or small wood shavings. If you notice a buildup of this “frass” anywhere in your home, it would be wise to schedule an inspection to be safe.
- Termites in your yard– If you have dying trees or decaying tree stumps in your yard, it is a good idea to regularly check them for termites. Break off a piece of the tree or stump to see if there are white bugs that look like ants. If you find those, they are likely termites and could possibly have already gotten into your home.
- Termites on the outside of your home– If there are any places where wood touches soil on the outside of your home, check for damage to the wood. If the wood looks rough, there is a chance that there are termites there that could have also gotten into your home.
- Wings- If you find clear wings that look like they have been shed inside your home, it is possible those are from termites.
If you have any of these signs of termites, give us a call at New Horizon Pest Solutions today, so we can come to your home to do a termite inspection. We look forward to serving you and helping you get rid of termites.