Do you know if your crawlspace in your home is sealed? This is something that can help prevent pests from invading your home, among many other benefits. Here is a quick explanation of what crawlspace sealing is and how it can be advantageous to your home.
Unfortunately, crawlspaces are an area of your house that is prone to issues with moisture due to condensation and evaporation. Pests are attracted to the moisture, so crawlspaces are a prime place where an infestation can begin. There is a way to keep this from happening, though. Crawlspace sealing is the process of installing a waterproof barrier all around your crawlspace that will keep rodents, insects, and moisture out.
Besides keeping pests out of your home, there are several other benefits of crawlspace sealing, including:
- Mold and mildew prevention– Keeping moisture out of your crawlspace will prevent the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause some serious health problems.
- Increased home efficiency– Many people see lower heating and cooling costs in their home after sealing their crawlspace.
- Stronger foundation– Sealing your crawlspace will help prevent damage to the foundation of your home.
- Prevents water damage– When you seal your crawlspace, it will prevent water damage in that area of your home.
- Prevents condensation on your windows– Have you ever noticed water condensing on your windows? Locking moisture out of your crawlspace will help to prevent this from happening.
If you are interested in having your crawlspace sealed, give us a call at New Horizon Pest Solutions. We want to help you live more carefree and comfortably as possible!